Upper back pain is normal during pregnancy. But it is so painful for every woman. Some women cannot feel it much because they have experience with pregnancy. But newly pregnancy women feel it so hard. Because they have no experience. So, they feel it all the time. But it is painful for both. Hence, every woman wants to get rid of it without any risk. Hence, they find out some ideas and tips to get relief for their upper back pain during pregnancy. In this article, we discuss some causes to occur the upper back pain. Also, we give you some tips that give you relief from it. So, remain with us and read this article till the end.
Reasons to Occur the Back Pain
Upper back pain can occur at any point during pregnancy. But it is most common in the third session. As you know that the third trimester starts from the seventh month. This pain occurs for several reasons. These reasons are as follows:
- Growing size of baby: First, as pregnancy progresses, the growing size of the baby then it will occur on your back.
- Change In balance: When the uterus shifts the center of gravity forward placing increased pressure on the muscles in the back. You know a woman can gain 25-30% of their body weight in a relatively short period of time. That time increased stress on the muscles in the back. Also, when the hormones are changing in the later stages of pregnancy. Then it affects so much on your back.
- Enlargement of the breast: Lastly, the enlargement of breast tissue during pregnancy can alter posture. So, that can increase strain on the neck, shoulders, and thoracic spine.
- Symphysopathy: Symphysopathy is a hereditary condition. Where the public articulation and the pelvic area of the mother are too soft and overly stretched. This results in hemorrhages in the area. That affected people also have the poor timing of movements.
Easy ways to Prevent Upper Back Pain
Here we discuss some easy ways to prevent the upper back pain during pregnancy. These are really helpful for you. So, you can follow these simple and easy ways to alleviate upper back pain during pregnancy.
- Avoid walking more: If you have an upper back pain, then you have to need to avoid more walk. You just take a complete rest because it is good for your health.
- Avoid Carrying Heavy Objects: Your back and spine are already under a considerable amount of pressure. It would be difficult for you if you can carry the heavy objects. Because this times you have to need a complete rest. So, you have to need to avoid carrying the heavy objects.
- Wear Comfortable Clothing and footwear: A supportive bra can really prevent upper back pain early in pregnancy. So, clothing does play a role. Also, wear the good footwear (shoes) that are comfortable for you. Because they play a huge part in preventing upper back pain.
- Reduce Stress Levels: As you know that the physical stress contributes to back pain. But emotional stress also plays a part. It can cause a tension in the muscles. That manifest as back pain in the upper back area. So talk your stress out with a friend. Because it is more important than you think.
Exercises for Upper Back Pain during Pregnancy
In the third trimester, when you have the upper back pain, you have to need exercise. That exercise would help you to prevent your back pain. So, it is important for your and baby’s health. Try this way to prevent it immediately. It is really helpful to you. We have three exercises for you.
1. Doorway Stretch
Stand in front of an open doorway in your home and stretch out your arms to your sides. So, your elbows are against the doorway. Hence, your arms should raise 90 degrees. Also, your elbows should be bent 90 degrees. So, gently lean forward to feel a nice stretch through your chest and in your upper back. Do this procedure for one minute 3 times a day. This helps you to regain upright posture since your baby belly makes her slouch all day.
2. Low Back/Rib Stretch
For this exercise, you have to need your partner. He will help you at that moment. So, you can lie on your right side in bed and bend the left leg onto a pillow. Then rotate your upper body left bringing your left shoulder to the bed. Hence, your legs and hip should not move. You can breathe slowly as you gently twist and stretch. Repeat the same procedure on the other side. Do this procedure for 1 minute 3 times a day. This will help to stretch the back and some upper back. Also, it will help to stretch the shoulders.
3. Wall Squats with an exercise ball
Firstly, you can stand leaning on an exercise ball against a wall. Your legs should be shoulder-width apart. Hence, squat down as if you are sitting onto a chair. Only go down the height of a chair. Do this 20 times, 3 times a day. This helps strengthen the core and butt muscles. You can easily do this exercise to prevent your upper back pain during pregnancy.
Read More Topics:
- Easily Track Ovulation Using Ovulation Calculator For Irregular Periods
- Low Calories Diet Plan For Fast Weight Loss
- 7 Day Diet Meal Plan For Weight Loss
- When to Take a Pregnancy Test – A Quick Guide